Tuesday 5 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review

So I am well aware that everyone and their mother has been reviewing this product lately but when I'm buying a product I often read a ridiculous amount of reviews before purchasing just to make sure its extra good. So...I don't think one more review on this product is going to be too bad!



I'd been eyeing up Rimmel's Apocalips lip lacquer ever since the promo came out a while back. I was looking for a great long wearing red lip colour that didn't cause dryness and this product in the shade Big Bang looked perfect. However...it didn't come out in time for the event. (I did find another great product instead though, so check out this post to see what it was : http://bellissimabeauty18.blogspot.ie/2013/01/glossy-vixen-revlon-colorburst-lipgloss.html

Anyway, my urge to splurge didn't end after the event. When the product finally came into Boots, I was out on the prowl straight away. I had heard of all the great 3 for 2 offers in the UK but my Boots unfortunately wasn't as kind, so I just left with one. They were out of the Big Bang shade so I went for the shade Apocaliptic instead. This is a very bright pink with orangey undertones, that could cause it to be mistaken for a red shade. The shade is definitely not one for the faint hearted. I don't think I could wear it as an everyday colour but I already have it ready to go for my next night out.



The product has a doe foot applicator which makes applying it very easy. The product is also extremely smooth and goes on like a dream. Word of warning though, it is extremely pigmented and so, a little goes a very long way.



I was really very impressed with the wear of this product. It lasted a good 5/6 hours (it may last longer but that was all I had it on for) and was fine with drinking and eating. After a while, its glossiness faded but it still left a lovely stain just as pigmented as when it was applied.


Overall, for the value of this product, it is amazing. I'm always skeptical about products with this much hype but I really had nothing to fear. It reminds me very much of NYX Xtreme Lip Creams, which unfortunately we can't get in Ireland, so it was definitely a fantastic replacement for me.








XOXO,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment