Thursday 24 January 2013

Battle of the Face Primers

I'm not one of those people with a ridiculously oily face but when I'm applying a base, I would appreciate it lasting for a decent amount of time!
l-r: Korres Vitamin E Face Primer, Tarte ReCreate Silcone Free Primer, Urban Decay Primer Potion for face


             

My first foray into the world of primers came with Urban Decay's Primer Potion (the Pore Perfecting version). On applying this I really did not like the silicone feel to it, but I guess that's what to be expected with the majority of primers. Other than that, it's simple to apply and really does the job. It makes foundation easier to apply, and definitely increases how long my foundation stays put. This is the primer I use when I go on nights out or know I'm going to be out for a long length of time. The only issue I have with it is that due to the silicone in it, it breaks me out quite badly so it really is only for those times in need that I use it.

                

Having decided I realistically needed a silicone free primer if I was going to be wearing primer more, I invested in Tarte's ReCreate Silicone Free Primer. This primer felt a lot nicer to apply and didn't break me out at all. It did increase the wear time of my foundation but not to a huge extent. I don't think it would be much good to those with very oily skin. I did, however, have an issue with it. My pump seemed to be cut in half so that when the bottle was halfway through, I had to open the top of it and get it out by slapping it against my hand. Needless to say..not ideal! It is/was however my favorite primer for every day use, and so I was disappointed to find out it was discontinued just at the time I finished my bottle.

                   

Due to this disastrous discontinuance, I went on the hunt for a new silicone free primer. The ladies in Sephora were unfortunately no help whatsoever, handing me product after product containing silicone. So I did a bit of research online and ended up purchasing Korres Silicone Free Vitamin E Face Primer. This product is a delight to apply. It's nice and moisturizing with a pleasant smell. However, while it may slightly improve the smoothness of my skin, it really doesn't provide much lasting power at all. I was quite disappointed with this product.

              

If anyone has any silicone free primers they can recommend to me I would be super grateful if you let me know!

XOXO,








B

No comments:

Post a Comment