Saturday 5 January 2013

Diaries of a Fair Lady- Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup Review

So it's been said that if you've bad skin the best thing to do is avoid wearing anything that will clog your pores, i.e. makeup. Well try telling that to someone who would actually like to leave the house once in a while. For me, covering up any spots is essential before I go out so foundation/concealer is a must. When I came across Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation I thought all my prayers had been answered. A foundation that was actually good for your skin. So I sat down in the lovely comfy chair in Boots and was colour matched to the palest shade by the makeup artist. I don't know why I repeatedly do this, knowing that they never match me correctly.

         



The next morning I eagerly applied my new miracle product to my face and it was slightly darker than my skin which I expected as its rare for a foundation to exactly match me. I put a tiny bit of bronzer on my neck to even things out and out the door I went. 15 minutes later, I was orange. The foundation completely oxidized and was a good 3/4 shades darker than it was when I applied it. I was so disappointed because it applied like a dream and the finish was beautiful.



If you're a paley like me, I'm afraid this foundation probably won't be for you but if you're an NC20/NC25 or darker I'd definitely say go for it because it looked to be fantastic in all other respects. I would suggest going a shade paler than usual though because I think it's the salicylic acid in it that causes it to oxidise.

No comments:

Post a Comment