Wednesday 16 January 2013

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia

Sorry for the lack of posts lately guys, Irish weather is making it almost impossible to get enough light to take any photos! Anyway onto the post!

My most recent fragrance addition is Jo Malone's English Pear and Freesia. I had been eyeing it for a long time and finally got it as a gift over Christmas. Jo Malone describe it as "a scent that is inspired by a walk in an orchard and captures the luscious scent of just-ripe pears, cooled by the autumn air, ready to twist free from the tree. Experience the surprising, sensuous freshness of sweet pears, wrapped in a bouquet of white freesias, on a subtle background of scrambling wild roses and skin-warming amber, patchouli and woods"




While it appears that by the description Jo Malone are describing it as an Autumn-like scent, I think it's much more Spring/Summer. I would however agree with the rest of the description. On first scent, it is incredibly fresh and I get a lovely light fruity pear scent, mixed with rose and a touch of freesia. I can also get the amber but not very much. The scent really makes me want to drink a cold glass of whatever is in it because it smells that delicious and refreshing. 

While it is a light scent, the lasting power is decent enough. I can still get the scent 4/5 hours later and it lingers on my clothes and hair so that when I move I can smell it.




The bottle I have is the smaller one (30ml) but I rarely ever finish a whole bottle of perfume, but I rarely ever finish a bottle of perfume so this is perfect for me. It also is super handy to fit in your purse! It does, however, come in a larger size (76ml) which I will probably end up getting once I finish this. It's an expensive enough fragrance (about 45 euro for the smaller one and about 90 euro for the larger one) but it really is so delicious that I think it's worth it.

Hope some of you give it a try! If so, let me know what you think!

XOXO,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment